Jun 7, 2016

How i lived my dream

The sun was high and shining its light,
From among the trees it was out of my sight,
The heavy backpack I was carrying along,
Was denied gravity and so was testing my bones.
I had a stick with me to help me climb the slopes,
At times it took all my weight and raised my hopes,
A blend of joy and anxiety I felt abiding in me,
Helping me through all the obstacles I could imagine and see.
Chirping of the birds and smiling fresh pansies,
Running sounds of a creek were all from my fancies,
 I passed through a forest and a meadow I reached,
 To settle here, to my dream it was a breach.
Again I walked up those rocky slope trails,
Towards the peak of the mountain, without slowing my pace,
Finally I reached the spot that beckoned me all my life,
A small protrusion of land and above it was just the clear sky.
I rested my back pack and sat on the mud,
Inhaling in the air made me feel like a bud,
The freshness was deep and new to my lungs,
To add to the glory, here was this beautiful setting sun.
I quickly set my tent, as the night was coming,
A small fireplace I made, for heating and lighting,
I set it all up in a hurry for just a day I had,
To live my dream and cherish what I can.
When the night approached the scenery had changed,
There was this velvety night sky with sparkly diamonds attached,
In my dreams I saw this scenery a million times,
But none stood a chance in the one in front of my eyes.
I lay there relaxed on the bare muddy ground,
Gazing at these zillions of stars shining from beyond,
Though crickets and other insects tried breaking the silence,
The tune created was nothing but beyond perfection.
There was peace in the air and the perfect panorama to accolade,
Realizing this magical beauty, into sleep I slowly cascaded,
When I opened my eyes, I was lying in my bed,
‘Why am I here?’ I wondered in my head.
Soon enough I realized it was just my dream,
It wasn’t the first time I lived my fantasy in my sleep,
‘One day’ I thought as I relaxed myself in my head,

‘I will live my dream and wake up not on bed’.

0 comments recieved, please click here to comment:

Post a Comment

Please click here to comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo