Mar 13, 2007

Let them be what they are…..


Yesterday, I was looking outside my window when I saw this sight. A little girl, probably around 8 or 9 years old, was jumping and playing over a pile of mud. Her laughter and giggles conveyed the great time she was having. As I watched the little girl having fun, I saw a woman, whom I suppose is the girl’s mother, come out shouting at the innocent soul. The woman caught the girl by her ear and gave one tight below her knee. The little girl’s eyes were filled with tears and her looks clearly expressed how frightened she was. I, who was watching all this happen, felt very bad. I am sure anyone who was watching this would feel the same. I don’t know if I am right, but as far as I know children are supposed to be innocent and immature. If that was so, why do we grown ups scold them for being immature, if they were meant to be so? They are children, and we scold them for not acting like an adult. Imagine a world where even small children act like grown ups, will we even know what the word “innocence” stands for? Once again, I don’t know if I am right but this what I felt, when I saw the little girl cry.

6 comments recieved, please click here to comment:

purplepinkbliss said...

Hmmm. u get to see a gr8 deal of things like this. Keep writing. there is a sea change in ur style of writing. keep it up.

Preet said...

mmmmm....i agree with u....children r meant to b innocent....n no1 shud evr try to tamper wit their innocence....u cant find innocence else where....

Lancaster Gardener said...

You had a very good point to make! Reminded me of Jesus' words, ""Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Lifeagain said...

If only more people thought the same way..hmm

Yet something else tht has moved something in me...there seems to be a connx between us whn it comes to writing haha...

David Antony said...

very true!!!!!

we elders often end up doing such acts out of our frustration and out of the fact tht we have ceased to have a heart of a child!!!

must say this observation, though simple and straight forward - packs a great punch!

indian school salalah said...

hahahaha.......good view point.
but look from the mother's angle..she might be worried that the kid might get cold....she may not have money or time or some important event would be happening where the kid's illness may be a problem for the family.....several things could be there...

i still think of an event when my uncle beat me when i tried to take a torch from the top of the cupboard. he never used to scold me at all and this time all of a sudden be beat me. i was very upset and for months i never spoke to him. years later i understood that if during that attempt of mine, the cupboard fell on top of mine... i may be alive but with broken rips for months...now i understand why he was harsh at that time. but the fact was that my the time i realised he was no more....

Post a Comment

Please click here to comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo