Mar 26, 2007

When she was gone……

I was sleeping, when my uncle called,
It was three in the morning; he said she was gone,
I sat on my bed, in a state of shock,
I felt my heart, just had stopped.

I heard cries from all around,
But I couldn’t make, even a sound,
My eyes just then, caught a sight,
I saw a body lie outside,

Without a tear, there to shed,
And feeling all, blank in my head,
I walked lifelessly, away from my bed,
To the room, my grandmother was laid dead.

She was lying on the ground,
With others crying in her surround,
I stood simply staring at her,
Without even uttering a word.

I knew everyone was crying aloud,
But why couldn’t I, hear their sound,
Why wasn’t there a tear in my eyes?
The blankness, I felt, I now wonder why?

Suddenly a voice, behind me I heard,
Saying, never again can I see her,
Chills ran through me, I felt the pain,
I cried for days again and again.

N.B-> I would like to dedicate this poem of mine, to my dearest grandmother who passed away in the year 1999.

6 comments recieved, please click here to comment:

purplepinkbliss said...

i loved it. i like the perfect rhyming!!!!!

Unknown said...

tat was grt Chasa... congrats frm TEAM TMS

Lifeagain said...

short n sweet n simple...ideal for the fast food world...

its stirred something inside me...

Preet said...

hey....dat was vry tchng....d pain cms out so well...it brought tears to my eyes....really vry nice....

David Antony said...

:-)

good one... reality put into words cant be more real! :-)

Praveena Jithendran said...

I felt i went back to the day i lost my mom..... very good poem.



Your mom.

Post a Comment

Please click here to comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo