Mar 14, 2015

I Wonder


This article isn’t particularly about anything but the thoughts that crawl through my mind. I wouldn’t denote myself a ‘thinker’ but yes, I love to think. Imagination is where everything begins. So, as I sat checking my whatsapp messages, I happened to come across an audio file send by my niece. It was a ‘shaayari’ or you could say a 3 to 4 line rhythmic rhyming poem where the matter is directly addressed. I am not much of a shaayari person but thought about listening to this one as my niece has my taste to philosophies. And I was right, this was different, as in this one gave me a topic to think about.
In this shaayari, the poet mentions that may be death is a very beautiful concept. So beautiful that anyone who sees it for the first time forgets all about life. And I kept wondering, what if the poet is true? We are taught since childhood that death is dark and the soul taker to be ‘Yam raj’! An obese gentle man with thick curly mustache and a pot belly. I remember mommy telling me that He is the most punctual and duty determined of all the creations and he would travel on a buffalo. But when I think about it now, what if it is an imagination? I mean, death is the end of life or in other words death is believed to be a darker side that comes after a beautiful phase called life, as we believe. So the person who imagined it gave this terrifying face to death and called it Yamraj. If we have to interpret it our way and taking into consideration the happenings around the world today what if we are already in the dark phase and death is an entrance to a much beautiful phase where there is no negativity? And may be to help us move on to next phase it isn’t this terrifying gentleman “yamraj” who would guide us but a beautiful vivacious lady with soothing calm voice, the  actual face of death? It can happen right? I was wondering..
As I thought, I saw a program on TV saying “Searching for aliens”. The anchor of the program is actually a researcher and is in search of proofs about alien existence. Isn’t it clear that aliens do exist? I mean, if you believe science to be true or even if you believe in ancient scriptures, both point to the existence of aliens. Scientifically, we are all taught that life existed on earth because of its distance from sun creating the perfect environment for life to begin. In that case, sun isn’t the only star existing in this universe but there are more than a zillion stars around us, in fact we are just a part of a galaxy called Milky Way that alone consists of more than a zillion stars. And it seems that there a zillions of such galaxies existing. If we take all that into consideration then we can say that probably each star will have their own set of planet systems as our solar system.  If that is so, wouldn’t there be planets which would be in a distance from their home star, favorable for life existence? We are not talking about another star but infinite stars and their planet systems. This is my justification to why I believe in alien existence. If history is what you believe in, then there are proofs of alien existence in Egyptian, Mayan and many such civilizations which they refer to as descending Gods in their scriptures.  So don’t you think the question should be something like “Does aliens visit earth often?” or “are alien technology more advanced than us?” rather than “does aliens exist?” As I thought about all this my imagination made in, its entry, leaving me to wonder that would there be a parallel earth in which there would another India and Bangalore and a Chanjal too watching this exact program as I am now? I wonder……
I tell you, imagination is so beautiful. You can think anything and everything you want with no limitations and rules. It might seem nonsense at times and at times it leaves you confused. I wonder if we were not humans we wouldn’t have this beautiful gift of God called imagination, right? There is a hindi song saying
“ Rab ne badi fursath se banaya hai tumhe”.
And I would say, yes, God has given all his time for creating us humans. We are absolute magic of nature. We are gifted with so beautiful abilities yet we ignore them all. Now a day most people are mere machines to make money, (laughs…) I know what you would be commenting now, “Yeah right! We’ll sit here imagining and die starving..” (..laughs) earning money is a necessity, I know, I do it myself but all I am saying is that in this rat race do take a moment to look at life. Appreciate your abilities because if you actually see, these inbuilt abilities we have, are much-much more effective than any man made entertainment.

I’ll better wrap this up here because my thoughts keep shifting from one thought to another.  Happy thinking every one! 

1 comments recieved, please click here to comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written dear.. Imagination do create wonders

Post a Comment

Please click here to comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo