Oct 1, 2012

Yet Another Thought


I am a whole hearted believer in GOD and I love him from the bottom of my heart. I really don’t care about people calling me old fashioned or any such “names” they supposedly would call me, for being so. Before getting deeper into the topic let me warn the non believers that this article wouldn’t be of your interest.
As many Indian housewives do, I do for sure make an effort to offer my prayers to My Great Lord during the dusk and dawn.  I may be doing it as a part of a tradition performed by my parents and theirs, or may be an effort to be like my mom. But what so ever be the reason, I do feel a positive vibe flowing in the house which I believe is because of these routine prayers.  In the manner I believe in God, I do deem in science too, but I am absolutely not convinced about the non existence of a matter just because science doesn’t have an answer to it. 
If you have observed, there is a world beyond this visual world that connects to this world through vibes, sounds and such. As to what I have known through books and experienced people, that world have both positive and negative forces. The positive forces are what we call Gods and the negative is what we are scared of. In accordance to my ancestors, if the positive forces are welcomed and pleased in one’s house, the negatives would keep their distance; as in their world, unlike ours, opposites repel. May be this concept is portrayed in a very old fashioned and traditional manner by the older generation so that the people then are more convinced. These forces are like the fragrance of a flower, it is there, and you can smell it but can’t see it.  These forces, are there and you can feel it if you try, but can’t see it. Also, I believe every person has an aura, and doing positive karma and pleasing the positive forces one can feel the ecstasy and inner peace without much hard work.
In today’s busy life, I see people running to meditation centers or relaxation centers to relieve themselves from all the chaos around them. But I strongly believe that this inner peace can be attained only when one’s aura is clean and clear. When a person is clear at heart and make sure not to do any wrongful deeds, at least to their knowledge, it reflects on to their face and their inner beauty and pleasantness is revealed. Inner peace, according to me, is attained when one’s aura reaches the sanity or purity of their soul.
Also, another thought that occurred to me was about being a non vegetarian. Many people I knew did criticize me that being a non vegetarian is in itself a sin. But let me question them in return, if that is so plants do have life too? Plucking off their children (fruits and veggies) for our survival isn’t a sin? Ripping their womb to have their babies (peas) for our pleasure isn’t a sin? Why to say, we all do have cattle milk, have anyone wondered that this cattle milk was actually meant for its calves and not us. Depriving the calf off its mother’s milk for our selfishness, isn’t that a sin? Well the answer is no, It’s not a sin because this is what is called a life cycle. We are all a part of it and human beings are especially omnivorous, meaning, one who eats vegetarian and non vegetarian.  Another argument is that food is divided into 3 levels, saathvik(highest), rajasik(moderate) and thaamsik (lowest); and non vegetarian food comes into the lowest level. Well, on a little research done over this topic, it came to my knowledge that these levels are actually on the basis of the food affecting our systems. If any vegetarian food is prepared in a manner that could harm our body then its thaamsik and if a non vegetarian food is prepared in a manner that only benefits our body then it becomes saatwik. Anyways, the conclusion here is that just being a non vegetarian is not a sin at all, rather we are just being a part of the life cycle and following the rules set by the nature.
I have believed in these concepts since a child and may be so; I have been able to lead a good life till now. I do have all due respects for people who believe otherwise too and don’t intend to disrespect anyone. These are my point of views and my spiritual thoughts about the mystical side of this world.

0 comments recieved, please click here to comment:

Post a Comment

Please click here to comment

 
©Suzanne Woolcott sw3740 Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo